The Point Wells Community & Ratepayers Association (PWCRA) is an incorporated society with a charitable status and everyone in the Point Wells community is encouraged to join.
The elected board of residents, works with the community, Auckland Council and Local Community Board representatives to improve and maintain Point Wells and its environs. We are involved in a wide range of activities including traffic and roading, drainage and erosion, river and harbour quality, emergency planning, as well as supporting the provision and maintenance of community facilities, projects and events.
Funds from subscriptions and fundraising are used in the following areas:
- providing facilities and projects to improve and enhance the community
- civil defense and tsunami warning planning and communications
- supporting the Point Wells library
- managing the Point Wells hall and reserves
- supporting social clubs, the Xmas social and other community events
- acting as a voice for the community on planning matters
- publishing of the quarterly newsletter The Point Wells Crier
The benefits of becoming a member include keeping informed about what is going on in our community as well as being able to vote at meetings on local issues.
The committee members and office bearers are elected at our annual general meeting, held the week before Easter each year. The committee meets monthly, and anyone is welcome to attend. Contact the secretary to find out when and where the next meeting will take place.
If you would like to join the association please contact the Treasurer with your details
Membership costs $15 for an individual and $25 for a family and subscriptions run from January 1st to December 31st.
Online payments and welcome donations can be made to:
ASB Warkworth 12 3095 0090996 00 – Reference – Your name
Please address membership applications to
PWCRA c/o Laurence Eyres, 127 Point Wells Road, RD6, Warkworth 0986